1. Replace old credit card terminals with streamlined devices placed conveniently at each front-desk workstation.
2. Implement flexible payment applications that make it easy for patients to pay balances. Additionally, automated payment plans, keeping a credit card on file to pay small balances and offering convenient online payment options are just the types of handy digital choices patients expect. (Check out our Digital Payment Progress Report for more insight on what patients want.)
3. Start collecting email addresses as part of your check-in process so you can transition from paper to electronic statements. This can save the cost of printing and mailing statements while also improving your ability to collect balances due.
4. Use emotional intelligence and leverage your knowledge of your patients to accelerate patient payments. Learn more in our on-demand webinar.
5. Integrate new payment tools into the daily reconciliation process to further streamline processes for your staff.